4 Deaths and 62 New Hawaii COVID-19 Cases
As of Tuesday, October 13, 2020
In the latest COVID-19 cases report from the Government of the Aloha State, 62 new Hawaii COVID-19 cases were reported bringing the total to 13,575 with 4 more deaths.
The newly-reported cases break down by island as:
Hawaii Island 974
Of those total cases, 37 were residents diagnosed out of state, 951 required hospitalization, and 10,834 were released from isolation. Deaths now stand at 173.
CURRENT TRAVEL ADVISORY
People coming to and from Hawai‘i should be prepared to undergo a 14-day quarantine upon arrival and closely monitor their health for the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Community transmission of respiratory illness caused by COVID-19 is occurring globally.
- Older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions shouldpostpone nonessential travel.
- If you are sick, especially if you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, do not travel.
Coming to Hawaii
- People coming to Hawaii from should be prepared to undergo a 14-day quarantine upon arrival and closely monitor their health for the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- This applies to both visitors and residents. Hawaii residents leaving Hawaii should be prepared to undergo quarantine upon their return.
- Hawaii residents leaving Hawaii should be prepared to undergo a government-mandated 14-day quarantine upon their return. If you are considering travel in the US, the CDC has developed the following guidance to help determine whether you should postpone your trip.
- If you are considering international travel, check CDC’s Travelers’ Health website for country-specific health information and alerts.
- You should evaluate all risks associated with travel and take the appropriate proactive measures. The situation is dynamic, and you may be unable to access medical services if you become ill in a country that begins to experience a heavy burden of COVID-19 infection. Visit the U.S. State Department Travel website for travel restrictions that may affect your itinerary.