City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed on Monday, September 6, to observe the Labor Day holiday.
The holiday schedule for the City and County of Honolulu operations is as follows:
- Emergency medical services, fire, lifeguard, medical examiner, and police services will be available.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. Visit thebus.org for route and schedule information as well as rider guidelines.
- Refuse will be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers, H-POWER, and the Waimānalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill are open. Visit opala.org for information.
- Parks and botanical gardens are open. Visit honolulu.gov/parks for park use guidelines.
- Municipal golf courses are open. Visit honolulu.gov/des/golf for revised play information.
- The Honolulu Zoo will be open. Visit honolulu.gov/zoo for information.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed. Visit blaisdellcenter.com/ for information.
- People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing centers will be closed.
The following traffic and parking regulations will be in effect:
- Motorists are cautioned that parking will be restricted in Lanikai over the three-day holiday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalākaua Avenue along Queen Kapi‘olani Park, metered parking lots, and meters on specific Waikīkī streets. View the list of Waikīkī streets here.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned for contraflow.