Hawaii Medical Cannabis Dispensaries Expand
Hawaiian Ethos and Noa Botanicals approved for retail
The Hawai‘i State Department of Health (DOH) has issued a formal notice to proceed to retail to Hawaiian Ethos LLC on the island of Hawai‘i and Manoa Botanicals LLC, dba Noa Botanicals on O‘ahu, after both passed their final onsite inspections for their third retail facilities. Hawaiian Ethos’ new retail location in Hilo at 578 Kanoelehua Ave. expects to begin sales on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020. Noa Botanicals’ new retail location in Aiea at 98-302 Kamehameha Highway expects to open today.
“Hawaiian Ethos’ Hilo store is the state’s 14th licensed retail center and the sixth on Hawai‘i Island which is home to 25% of Hawai‘i’s registered patients,” said Michele Nakata, dispensary licensing section supervisor. “Noa Botanical’s Aiea store is the state’s 15th licensed retail center and the sixth on O‘ahu, home to 47% of Hawai‘i’s registered patients. To safeguard patient access to cannabis for medical use during the COVID-19 pandemic, licensed retail centers were designated as essential businesses and have remained open throughout.”
As of August 31, 2020, a total of 29,475 medical cannabis patients and 2,445 caregivers were registered statewide. The primary reported condition for registered adult patients is severe pain. The primary reported conditions for children under 18 years of age are seizures and post-traumatic stress disorder.
The other licensed retail centers operating in the state include:
- Big Island Grown Dispensaries locations at:
- 750 Kanoelehua Ave., Suite 104, in Hilo
- 64-1040 Mamalahoa Highway in Kamuela
- 74-5617 Pawai Place, in Kailua-Kona
- Hawaiian Ethos locations at:
- 73-5613 Olowalu St., Suite 7, in Kailua-Kona
- 64-1035 Mamalahoa Highway in Kamuela
- Green Aloha at 4-1565 Kuhio Highway in Kapa‘a
- Maui Grown Therapies, located at 44 Pa‘a St. in Kahului
- Pono Life Sciences Maui LLC, at 415 Dairy Road in Kahului
- Aloha Green Apothecary locations at:
- 1314 South King St. (Interstate Building) in Honolulu
- 2113 Kalakaua Ave., in Waikiki
- Cure Oahu, located at 727 Kapahulu Ave. in Honolulu
- Noa Botanicals locations at:
- 1308 Young St. in Honolulu
- 46-028 Kawa St. in Kaneohe
Registered patients and their caregivers may purchase up to four ounces of medical cannabis during a 15-consecutive day period and purchase a maximum of eight ounces over a 30-consecutive day period. When bringing medical cannabis home after purchasing it from a dispensary, the medical cannabis must be in a sealed container and not visible to the public.
All use of medical cannabis must be on private property and may not be used in a car while on the road, at work, at the beach, on hiking trails, or in any other public space. It is illegal to use or possess medical cannabis on any federally owned property such as military installations and national parks.
More information on the Medical Cannabis Dispensary Program is available at http://health.hawaii.gov/medicalcannabis/.