More Kauai helicopter tours are available since Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s northernmost and oldest island, Kauai. The expansion comes after three years of successful operations on Maui and will be the sixth permanent location. The breathtaking flights will depart daily from the company’s facility at Port Allen Airport, located along the southern shore of Kauai, minutes away from Poipu, Hawaii.
“With the Garden Isle’s awe-inspiring geographical wonders only accessible by air, Maverick Helicopters is excited to offer our customers an unforgettable experience on Kauai,” said Bryan Kroten, vice president of marketing at Maverick Helicopters.
Guests may choose from the following experiences, overlooking Kauai’s spectacular landscapes including Waimea Canyon, known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific” and Manawaiopuna Falls, known as Jurassic Falls, made famous in “Jurassic Park.”
• This 50-minute flight showcases a breathtaking, bird’s-eye-view of Napali Coast, Kauai’s dramatic 17-mile coastline, featuring emerald-hued cliffs, cascading waterfalls and the vast Pacific Ocean.
• As guests soar high above the breathtaking Napali Coast, they will be amazed by the stunning views of the Bali Hai Cliffs, the North Shore and Mount Makana.
• Passengers will fly above the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific,” Waimea Canyon, a geographic marvel boasting a colorful desert landscape.
• Guests will get a bird’s-eye-view of one of the wettest places on Earth, Mount Waialeale.
• The flight concludes over the Hanapepe Valley featuring Manawaiopuna Falls, a remote, spectacular 400-foot waterfall, more commonly known as Jurassic Falls.
• This 25-minute flight begins over Hanapepe Valley, known for its rich farmland and grand mountain ranges.
• Guests will soar above Manawaiopuna Falls, known as Jurassic Falls, made famous in “Jurassic Park.”
• Much of Kauai’s lush and rugged terrain is inaccessible by ground, but the Kauai Discovery flight provides guests with unparalleled views of the Na Pali-Kona Forest Reserve including Awini Falls and Waialea Falls.
• The journey will conclude with a flight over the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific,” Waimea Canyon, stretching 14 miles long, one mile wide and featuring a unique desert landscape.
During each excursion, passengers will enjoy flying in the world’s safest and most comfortable tourism-based helicopter – the Airbus EC130 ECO-Star aircraft. The luxurious aircraft offers guests a spacious cabin for up to seven passengers; voice-activated headsets; theater-style, leather seating; and wraparound windows for superior visibility.
For more information or to book an experience, please visit FlyMaverick.com or call 808.241-7999.